HMI Authoring Solution: CGI Studio
This HMI authoring tool lets customers embed custom designs directly into the HMI, reducing development time for embedded designs.
CGI Studio is a software development platform for the creation of 2D and 3D graphical interfaces (HMI/GUI) for automotive instrument clusters and infotainment systems. Part of the application suite, CGI Studio offers automotive system designers a powerful Microsoft Windows® based solution to shorten development time for advanced automotive applications.
CGI Studio is a based on 3D and 2D "Candera" engines. The application allows platform-independent abstraction and fully supports the OpenGL 2.0 ES standard to give system designers the greatest possible design flexibility.
CGI Studio provides a single development tool chain. The application suite enables system designers to proceed from early conception to design, prototyping, testing, and deployment. Initial designs from the graphics artist can be imported into CGI Studio from a variety of popular graphics software applications. The system designer can then develop and enhance the design in the CGI Studio software environment. Before deployment, the final functionality and appearance of the interface design can be verified in a simulated rendering of the target application within CGI Studio.
All tools are optimized for Socionext graphics products, including the latest 2D/3D SoCs. The CGI Studio tool can also be used with non-Socionext graphics chips, providing a higher level of software retention and reuse.
- Design, prototype and develop HMI / GUI for automotive clusters and infotainment systems
- Software design for any automotive application
- Full support of OpenGL 2.0 ES feature set
- OS and application independent
- Hardware independent
- Robust screen and scene-management features
- Advanced 3D object handling and processing capabilities
- Powerful animation framework
- Asset management features
- Retained mode API (Scene Graph)
- Supports interaction with Candera 3D engine
- Render to texture
- Post-process 3D images
- 2D/3D scene combinations
- Customizable effects on scene graph nodes like shadows and transparency
CGI Studio: Scene Composer Tutorials
Want to learn more about CGI Studio? Click here to watch our tutorial videos.