Graphics Display Controllers for Challenging Automotive, Industrial, Security and Medical Applications
The Socionext Graphics Display Controllers (GDCs) offer a wide range of functionality that merges two popular graphics-based technologies into a single device, improving efficiency and performance.
Specifically, our GDCs combine powerful 2.5D/3D Graphics Processing Units (GPUs) with our advanced Display Controller Unit (DCU) capability. DCUs provide an efficient, cost-effective way to generate graphics to display and animate recurring content such as menus, messages, and icons. Offloading this function to the display controller frees up memory and the GPU for rendering-based tasks.
Our GDCs are appropriate for a wide range of applications, including automotive, security and medical imaging. All devices meet a minimum temperature range of -40 to +85°C, and many are rated for -40 to +105°C. The devices meet AEC-Q100 and ISO/ TS-16949 requirements. Moreover, all devices must meet the auto industry’s requirement that the products be available for a decade. Of course, non-automotive developers can take advantage of the long lifecycle.
- Automotive: mobile navigation systems, in-vehicle entertainment, driver-vision-assistance systems, vehicle-parking or reverse-view aid
- Industrial: point-of-sales (POS) terminals, industrial control panels, automation and robotics systems, signage (electric kiosks), and fuel pump displays
- Security: electronic door bell, monitoring, surveillance camera systems, voting machine displays, and vending machines
- Medical: medical imaging recording, infant monitors, ventilators, patient monitors, ambulatory monitors, vital sign monitors, and anesthesia systems
- Graphics solutions are at the forefront of the most significant automotive electronics developments, combining strong engineering design and cutting-edge technologies for Graphics
- Display Controller and System-on-Chips: We offer scalable platforms with a full variety of functions and high-performance devices for realistic graphics at low-power consumption rates.
Our solutions are designed for rough environment usage and long device lifetimes, e.g. extended temperature range to fulfill the automotive qualification.
Our technical experience extends to the following major applications: driver information, head-up displays as well as stand-alone displays and camera-based driver assistance systems.
Our Graphics Expertise
Socionext Graphics Solutions are at the forefront of the most significant industrial and embedded electronics developments, combining strong engineering design and cutting-edge technologies for Graphics Display Controller (GDC) and System on Chip (SoC) solutions.
- 10+ years of experience in offering complete system solutions
- Graphics solutions for industrial and embedded applications
- Scalable platforms with a full variety of functions
- High-performance devices for realistic graphics but at low-power consumption rates
- Rapid design of visually attractive user interfaces thanks to a comprehensive and powerful toolset
- Automotive quality standards fulfillment combined with state-of-the-art graphic features
- Designed for rough environment usage and long device lifetimes, e.g. extended temperature range
- Strong technical support engineering structure reducing time-to-market
- Automotive Graphics Display Controllers (HMI)
- System-on-Chip Graphic Products - ARM® Core Based Processors
- 360-Degree Wrap-Around-View Technology
- SEERIS® Graphics Engine IP
- CGI Studio