ARM® Cortex®-A5 Quad Core Processors, 2D Engine, 3D OpenGL® ES 2.0 GPU, Multi-format Digital Decoder and Encoder
The MB8AL203x is a highly integrated HD Multi-format digital decoder and encoder designed to meet the needs of tomorrow’s hybrid set-top-boxes, home networking solutions and automotive systems. It features CI+ and embedded CAS for advanced security.
The high-performance Quad ARM® Cortex®-A5 MPCore™ CPU, 2D graphics engine and PowerVR™ SGX 3D OpenGL® ES 2.0 are matched to one another for harmonized system architecture. The chip is designed to fulfill the latest advanced security specifications.
The chip supports up to 1080p HD encode/decode. This high performance multi-media processing allows decoding of various formats including the latest compression standard HEVC (H.265) and output of two streams in parallel in HD resolution. One of the essential key features is MPEG layer 1/2, MP3, HE-AAC and Dolby Digital audio decoding which are fully programmable and easy to extend.
- Quad ARM® Cortex™ A5 MPCore ™
- ARM® Neon™ SIMD Engine
- 3D Engine (OpenGL® ES 2.0) ‘POWERVR SGX531-MP1, 2D Engine
- DDR3-1080, 2 x16, bus width
- 2 Display controller
- 2 Video Capture Units
- Multi-format HD Video Decoder (incl. H.265),
- HD Video Encoder
- 4 Audio Capture
- Standard I/O: UART, SPI, USB, Ethernet etc.
- Cipher engine with AES/DES, hash and DTCP accelerator, secure boot
- Automotive I/F: MediaLB® (3-/6-Pin)
FACTSHEET: MB8AL203x - Multi-format HD Decoder LSI
- MB8AL2039B MH