The Internet of Things (IoT) for Connecting Everyday Objects to the Internet
Today, digital equipment is increasingly being connected to cloud services, a phenomenon known as the Internet of Things (IoT). This direct integration between the physical world and computer-based systems holds the promise of improving efficiency and accuracy in a wide variety of industries.
Socionext helps make that connection safe, convenient and secure.
We couple a variety of circuit technologies cultivated in the consumer applications field with solutions resources—including wave sensors, recognition technology, the latest video compensation technology, codecs, stereophonics technology, 4K graphics and WiGig—to help our customers gain the value of an always-connected society.
Here are some examples:
- Our technology makes it is possible to extract and digitize only the information that is needed to upload a video to the cloud.
- Our SoC enables simultaneous compression and recording of several TV channels, making it possible to view video any time, any place and on virtually any device, including smart phones.
- Our SoC enables developers to create compact, low-power-consumption media boxes that integrate the recording, reproducing and delivery functions.
- Our CMOS wave sensor, the world’s smallest, can measure both an object’s speed and the distance to a stationary object in three sensing modes.
- Also, by incorporating our WiGig module with an integrated antenna, developers can realize wireless communication in excess of 2Gbps with a power consumption of only 0.7mW. When applied to portable equipment, this technology enables large volumes of digital content to be transmitted in a few seconds.
Learn how Socionext's ultra-compact and power-efficient technologies can help with your IoT projects.