100G to 400G ADC and DAC for ultra-high-speed optical networks
At Socionext, we are helping to launch the world's leading 100, 200, and 400 Gigabit optical communication technologies.
We contribute to a wide range of networking applications, from optical backbone networks for long-haul communications, switches, and routers for smooth communication traffic, supercomputers for high-speed simulation, and factory automation as the core of manufacturing.
Bandwidth usage is a big area of focus today. Global internet traffic is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of 26% from 2014 to 2019. Global internet traffic is expected to grow from 42.4 Exabytes per month in 2014 to 136.1, Exabytes per month in 2019.
Globally, average Internet traffic will reach 414 Tbps and busy hour internet traffic will reach 1.4 Pbps in 2019. Video services alone expected to account for over 77% of busy time traffic.
Optical Networks: Example Reaches and Speeds
Advanced Modulation for >100Gbps Serial Transmission
- Electrical B2B measurements made using existing ADC & DAC silicon
- Advanced Modulation (Discrete Multi Tone)
- Channel equivalent to CEI-28G-VSR
- 40nm Silicon Measurements
- 136Gbps throughput per lane
- 28nm Silicon Measurements
- 170Gbps throughput per lane
- 16nm projections
- >200Gbps throughput per lane
- Use of modulation, high speed converters & DSP key to achieving high-bit rate transmission