The PH1-Pro4 single-chip system LSI supports high-quality, multi-channel video distribution. This chip can simultaneously compress and decompress three-stream, Full-HD video data; and can simultaneously handle a dozen VGA streams. The PH1-Pro4 up-converts video data from Full-HD to 4K2K compatible with the AVC (H.264) standard.
The upcoming Pro5 supports 4K 60p decoding compatible with the HEVC (H.265) standard, and up-converts video data from ultra-HD to 8K4K.
PH1-Pro4 MN2WS0230 Series
- Simultaneous transcoding/encoding of 3-stream, Full-HD video data
- Control of the number of video data streams, based on their size, enabling 12 VGA streams to be simultaneously processed
- High-quality video encoding even at low latency and low bit rates
- Bandwidth-controlled encoding, which allows video data to be compressed and redistributed with a rate optimized for the receiving terminal and the state of the communication path.
- Allows real-time image recognition, such as face recognition and object detection, by controlling the parallel media processer (IPP3) and the parallel data processor (DPP2) through the Socionext proprietary software.
- High-end decoding for 4K2K (30fps) video data.
- Up-converts video data from Full-HD to 4K2K.
With this system LSI, users can quickly develop a home media server to view different images simultaneously from different devices such as TVs, smartphones, tablets or PCs.
Implementing this device into cloud-based products enables development of low-power systems with minimal component count.
Driver-assistance and security-monitoring system are also possible because of the chip’s small size and low-power consumption.
Here are specific examples
Because of its high-speed, high-compression codec technology, the chip is appropriate for a variety of applications, including automotive, signage, cloud and servers.
This chip enables different content to be displayed on different devices. The LCI enables multiple video content to be distributed without the drop frame and the freeze, and converts the format to fit the individual display resolution.
The chip enables the device to recognize the object or the face, and to transfer the minimal amount of data to the server.
High-speed data compression without losing Full-HD quality
The technology improves the picture quality of low-bit-rate, network AV content.
The chip can decode 4K2K 30p content and up-convert Full-HD to 4k2k with low power consumption.
|Part No.||Application||Package||Product Lifecycle Stage|
|MN2WS0230||System LSI for high-quality and multi-channel distribution||FCBGA857-P-3535||ES|