For IP video distribution with further enhanced resolution, massive transmission bandwidth is needed for the content distribution network (CDN), creating the challenge of increasing running costs, as well as the issue of storage consumed by video data.
The transcoding solutions for IP video distribution provided by Socionext enables an OTT content distribution network at each distribution site optimized for customers demand, by using the multi-channel codec MB86M30 with the leading-edge H.265/HEVC compression function, resolving customers’ running cost issues.
- Reduction of transmission bandwidth requirements and amount of storage consumed by video data
Reduction of required transmission bandwidth and amount of storage consumed by more than 50% as a result of pursuing high quality video based on a mean opinion score (MOS) while achieving higher compression
- Provision of high quality, high resolution video
Provision of high quality, high resolution video enabled by real-time codec with no fluctuations in processing speed
- Featuring an adaptive bit rate (ABR) function
By achieving multi format, multi-channel (up to 16-ch input) transcoding, a variety of adaptive bit rates (ABR) can be provided in real-time to suit the diversity of user devices.
- Collaboration with partner companies
Low power consumption, high density, and high efficiency transcoding solutions are provided from partner companies.
- Compliance with standard specifications
Compliance with H.265/HEVC, H.264/AVC, and MPEG2 standard specifications
- Contribution to the reduction of the amount of mobile data used by smartphones and tablets
|Product Name||Main Features|
|Multi Format, Multi-Channel Codec MB86B30||
|Media Cloud Solution||
*: A mix of different resolutions may be used