Provides Optimum Image Processing Using Very Low Power
SUNNYVALE, Calif. May 30, 2017 –Socionext today introduced the new SC2002, the latest addition to its lineup of the Milbeaut® family image signal processors. Samples of the new processor, which is targeted for security camera applications, are now available.
The new SC2002, Nicknamed “M11S”, is designed to meet the needs of security cameras, which are becoming increasingly popular. Equipped with the ARM® Cortex-A9 Dual 600MHz CPU, it delivers the needed performance for today’s security camera applications.
The new IC offers the latest functionalities for capturing high-quality images under low light conditions such as the 3DNR (Three-Dimensional Noise Reduction) and the WDR (Wide Dynamic Range) technology. The WDR synthesizes two images taken with different exposures and achieves the dynamic range of 120dB or better, which is essential when an image contains areas of different levels of light. The IC also features a high-performance DSP with built-in intelligence configured for a function-rich network camera system with video analysis capability. With its unparalleled performance and unique functionalities, the SC2002 provides solutions suitable for various security cameras applications, ranging from professional use to home security.
The SC2002 also comes with a built-in HEVC encoder which allows H.264-quality images to be transmitted at half the bit-rate. This reduces the number of video streams and required network bandwidth, enabling faster transfer of long video recordings to portable media like hard disk drives and SD memory cards. Utilizing the Socionext proprietary low-power design methodology, the IC achieves exceptional performance while consuming only 1.5W in typical operating conditions.
Socionext will demonstrate its high-quality image capturing capability at Computex Taipei,
May 30 to June 3.
Main Specifications of SC2002 include the following:
- ARM Cortex A9 Dual 600MHz
- Sub-LVDS serial 8ch, LVCMOS parallel 12 bits
- SDRAM: 16bit DDR3-1600 (4G /8Gbits)
- NAND FLASH: 8bit SLC NAND (1G to 8Gbits)
- Ethernet PHY: 10/100 (MII) ,1000 (RGMII) IEEE802.3-2008
- USB: USB2.0, High speed host /device with PHY
- SD: 2ch (SD/SDHC/SDXC/SD-IO)
- Support Peripherals: UART, I2C, SPI, PWM, GPIO, RTC, ADC, PIR
- Digital audio: I2S
- Analog audio IN: stereo (Lch+Rch) Input x 1
- Analog audio OUT: stereo (Lch+Rch) Output x 3
- Audio codec: G.711/G.726/AMR-NB/AAC-LC/PCM
- Video Input: BT.656(480i/576i) / BT.1120 (1080 60p/50p/30p/25p/60i/50i)
- Video Output: BT.656(480i/576i) / BT.1120 (1080 60p/50p/30p/25p/60i/ 50i) / CVBS (NTSC / PAL)
Image Processing IP
- Noise reduction: 3DNR, 2DNR
- Digital WDR: Digital Overlapping WDR 2 or 3 frames
- ATR-EX (Adaptive tone reproduction)
- Rotation image: Horizontal mirror, Vertical flip, 90/180/270 degrees
- Electronic zoom: x 1/16 to x 16
- On-Chip detector for AE/AWB/AF, Auto IRIS (PWM control), Day/Night
- Static/Dynamic White Black pixel detection and compensation
Programmable gamma correction
- Defog, HLC (Highlight Compensation), Simple-LDC (Lens Distortion Correction), IR optimizer, Privacy mask, OSD (On Screen Display), Face Detection, Object Detection, Tampering alert, Trip Wire
About Socionext America Inc.
Socionext America Inc. (SNA) is the US branch of Socionext Inc., one of the world’s leading fabless SoC suppliers. Headquartered in Milpitas, California, the company provides leading-edge technologies and offers a wide range of standard and customizable SoC solutions. Socionext America meets customers' requirements with quality semiconductor products based on extensive and differentiated IPs, proven design methodologies, and state-of-the-art implementation expertise, with full support.
About Socionext Inc.
Socionext Inc. is a global SoC (System-on-Chip) supplier and a pioneer of a unique “Solution SoC” business model through decades of industry experience and expertise. Socionext contributes to global innovation in advanced technologies including automotive, data center, networking, and smart devices. As a trusted silicon partner, Socionext delivers superior features, performance, and quality that differentiate its customers’ products and services from their competition.
Socionext Inc. is headquartered in Yokohama, and has offices in Japan, Asia, United States and Europe to lead its development and sales activities. For more information, visit https://www.socionext.com/en/.
All company or product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.