Full Range of New 4K Solutions, World's Smallest Super High Speed Wi-Fi Module, New Power Efficient Compact Chipset for Video Delivery Among Socionext's Demonstrations
SUNNYVALE, CA, Apr. 6, 2015 - Socionext Inc. will showcase its comprehensive set of high-performance SoCs and software solutions incorporating state-of-the-art technologies at the annual National Association of Broadcasters NAB show in Las Vegas April 13-16.
Socionext, a new innovative enterprise founded on March 1, will display new and established products that feature high compression and decompression capabilities, high-speed video processing, and large-volume data-transfer capabilities. Socionext will be located at the South Hall Upper level booth SU11921.
For Broadcasting: Socionext's Power-Efficient, Compact Chipset for Video Delivery
Socionext will feature MB86M31 - a new chipset that compresses a 4KP60 real time HEVC video using only a quarter rack unit. Chipset power requirements are only 15-20W, providing a 90 percent power saving compared with other solutions, many of which use multiple rack units and require up to 600W. The reduced power and size are vital for next generation high-density video processing servers and portable devices like production cameras. Click here for recent product announcement at http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/socionext-starts-sampling-of-4k60p-hevc-video-encoder-chip-new-mb86m31-delivers-major-performance-boost-for-real-time-4k60p-video-encoding-300060738.html
Also for Broadcasting – TS "Transport Stream" Monitoring System Solution
Socionext also will show its TS monitoring system solution, which combines a digital TV front-end demodulator chip and transcoder SoC to create a high-capability TS monitoring system that supports multiple broadcasting formats and multiple TS input up to 7 streams. The system can extract RSSI (Received Signal Strength Indicator), C/N (Carrier Noise Ratio), BER (Bit Error Rate), PER (Packet Error Rate), TMCC (Transmission and Multiplexing Configuration Control) Info and AC (Auxiliary Channel) Info from the TS. It also can decode the TS for monitoring and transcode the TS for streaming video to remote sites up to 4 channels simultaneously.
For Prosumers: 4K HEVC 60p Main10 and 4K VP9 60p 1 Chip Multi-Decoder Solution, 2K-to-4K Up-converter Chip and World's Smallest Super High Speed Wi-Fi Module
Socionext will also show a group of products for the professional consumer market. They include
- 4K HEVC 60p 10-bit decoder chip supporting HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2 output port. The chip also supports decoding of 4K VP9 60p, transcoding to H.264 or MPEG2 up to 1080 30p x 4ch simultaneously. This highly-integrated SoC for networked AV applications provides all processing requirements for next generation media player products and transcoder products.
- a new HV1 chip for up-converting 2K content to high-quality 4K content with its "super resolution" technology. The HV1 requires no outside memory and achieves low latency under 0.1 frame delay. It supports multiple output interfaces of HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2, LVDS and V-by-One. The HV1 is suitable for multiple applications that utilize 2K content in 4K eras.
- a next generation super high-speed Wi-Fi (IEEE802.11ad) module that can transfer up to 2.5Gbps and capable of 4K video streaming over the air. It is the world's smallest module integrating an RF chip, baseband chip and antenna, with support for the USB 3.0 interface. The module can be used in all applications requiring huge data transfer wirelessly.
For Surveillance: Face Detection/tracking Accelerator PCI Express Card and Milbeaut ASSPs
Socionext will feature products for surveillance systems. These include
- a new real-time face detection and tracking accelerator PCI Express card featuring a dedicated hardware engine that requires no CPU power. For full HD movies, 370 people can be detected and tracked simultaneously. For VGA movies, 63 people can be detected in each movie for a total of six movies.
- "Milbeaut®" ASSP offers a wide range of camera systems from high-quality broadcast cameras, advanced digital SLRs to digital cameras, mobile smart phones with cameras and video-image-based industrial monitoring cameras. At NAB, the company will demonstrate a surveillance camera that automatically detects haze density with haze/color/brightness correction. The advanced processing capabilities include dedicated hardware macro with full HD imaging capability at 30 fps. The Milbeaut image processing algorithms are in their seventh generation and incorporate a video codec function that offers the highest image quality and multiple video interfaces.
For more information about NAB in Las Vegas, visit http://www.nabshow.com. For more information about Socionext at NAB, visit: http://nab15.mapyourshow.com/6_0/exhibitor/exhibitor-details.cfm?ExhID=5171401
About Socionext America Inc.
Socionext America Inc. (SNA) is the US branch of Socionext Inc. headquartered in Sunnyvale, California. The company is one of the world’s leading fabless ASIC suppliers, specializing in a wide range of standard and customizable SoC solutions for automotive, consumer, and industrial markets. Socionext provides customers with quality semiconductor products based on extensive and differentiated IPs, proven design methodologies, and state-of-the-art implementation expertise, with full support.
About Socionext Inc.
Socionext is a global, innovative enterprise that designs, develops and delivers System-on-Chip based solutions to customers worldwide. The company is focused on technologies that drive today’s leading-edge applications in consumer, automotive and industrial markets. Socionext combines world-class expertise, experience, and an extensive IP portfolio to provide exceptional solutions and ensure a better quality of experience for customers. Founded in 2015, Socionext Inc. is headquartered in Yokohama, and has offices in Japan, Asia, United States and Europe to lead its product development and sales activities. For more information, visit www.socionext.com.
All company or product names mentioned herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. Information provided in this press release is accurate at time of publication and is subject to change without advance notice.