The Socionext "s8" is a world’s leading compact, lightweight, low-power media player that performs local media playback/cloud distribution of 8K@60p (HEVC) contents in real-time. Additionally, it is designed to allows for Gb Ethernet or USB 3.0/2.0 input with up to 4 x HDMI 2.0 output and features simple contents management including scheduling, status check, and contents upload with play, pause and stop control functions.
The s8 measures at a compact 16” W x 2.3” H x 8.5” D, weighs just 5.3 pounds, and operates at 50W. It surpasses the competition in its small size, low weight, and reduced power usage.
The plug-and-play s8 is available for white-label use in a wide range of applications including DOOH, gaming, entertainment and other retail applications; large-format digital displays and signage, 8K content display and post-production.
- Industry-leading 8K solution :
- Performs local media playback/ cloud distribution of 8K/60p(HEVC) contents.
- Capable of displaying 8K contents on four 4K-monitors as well as a 8K-monitor.
- Rich 8K content playback function :
- Supports playback of contents saved in USB memory, and cloud distribution of contents over Ethernet.
- Easy to use :
- Easy to set-up and operate with simple GUI and front operation panel.
- World’s leading*1 compact and lightweight media player powered by Socionext’s 8K decoder LSI.
*1: As determined by our company study, conducted in November 2017
s8 Media Player Flow Diagram
s8 Media Player Specifications
|Video||Resolution||7,680 x 4,320pixel|
|Codec format||HEVC (H.265)|
|Video signal format||4:2:0|
|Color depth||10/8bit (HEVC)|
|HDMI output||HDMI2.0 x4ch
- Video: 60Hz (YUV422, 10bit)
- Audio: 48kHz
|Audio output||S/PDIF x1, L/R x1|
|Stream input||USB3.0 x1, USB2.0 x1, Gigabit Ethernet x1,
USB2.0 x1 (Internal)*2
|Dimensions||410mm(W) x 60mm(H) x 220mm(D)|
|Weight||Approx. 2.4kg (w/o AC adapter)|
|Power supply||AC adapter (100v to 240v)|
*2: Internal storage (optional): up to 256GB through USB memory