Ultra-compact, ultra-low-power 60GHz radio-wave ranging sensors for automotive in-cabin sensing applications
The new series utilizes the 60GHz frequency band and time-division multiplexing (TDM-MIMO) processing with multiple transmitting and receiving antennas that can detect the position and movement of passengers in a vehicle with maximum accuracy.
In addition to achieving the AEC-Q100 automotive grade stress test qualification with a Grade 2 temperature tolerance ranging from -40°C to 125°C, the devices enable easy acquisition of three-dimensional (3D) position information. This can be achieved without requiring advanced expertise in high-frequency devices and signal processing. The SC1260 series combines antennas, wireless circuits, AD converters, FIFO memory, SPI interface, and an intelligent power control sequencer for flexible duty cycle control.
- Antenna in Package (AIP) technology integrating multiple antennas (2-Transmitters and 4-Receivers).
- Integrated radar signal processing unit for presence, distance, and angle detection.
- High precision 1D to 3D sensing: wide bandwidth (6.8GHz max.) and high-accuracy linear chirp FMCW radar.
- TDM-MIMO operation (6 x 2 virtual antenna array) explicitly designed for in-cabin sensing, enabling a single sensor to detect multiple passengers seated in a row.
- Competitive low power operation ~1mW for In-Vehicle use cases, minimizing battery load.
- Consumes an average of 0.72mW at 0.1% duty cycle operation, which offers significant power reduction of up to 50% when activating camera devices with motion detection.
- High-volume mass production using standard CMOS semiconductor processing technology.
- Voltage ranges from 1.8-3.3v for flexible IO connectivity.
- Unaffected by environmental conditions with the ability to transition through resins and non-metallic materials.
- High-resolution 1D to 3D sensing
- 2 Tx and 4 Rx integrated antennas supporting TDM-MIMO operation and achieving a 6 x 2 virtual antenna array
- Wide bandwidth (6.8 GHz max.) and high-accuracy linear chirp FMCW radar
- Example of sensing target: infant lying in the child safety seat or persons sitting on the seat
- Highly integrated device enabling faster hardware development
- Integrated radar signal processing unit (Distance/Angle/Presence detection), antennas, RF circuit, ADC, FIFO, and SPI interface
- Smaller PCB, less BOM, and easy assembly
- Smallest package for all-in-one interior radio sensor (6.0 mm x 9.0 mm, BGA package)
- Low power consumption for reducing battery load
- 4 levels of operation (Shutdown, Deep Sleep, Light Sleep, Sensing)
- Intelligent power control sequencer for managing flexible duty cycle operation
- Activates other devices by integrated presence detection functionality
|Key Features||TDM-MIMO operation, 3D position detection (X, Y, Z coordinate output), 3D presence/absence detection, range FFT output, automatic intermittent measurement, high-performance power supply noise filter, 11-bit oversampling ADC, advanced sequencer|
|Average Power Consumption||0.72mW at 0.1% duty cycle operation|
|Transmission Frequency||57.1 to 63.9GHz|
|Package / Size||FC-BGA / 6mm x 9mm x 1.2mm|
- SC1260AR3 evaluation kit hardware
- Sensor driver/ library and sensing evaluation software (GUI)
- Related documents
- Evaluation software (GUI) operation manual
- Control API specification
- Application note (Sample C source for API)